When it comes to proper nutrition the path to success starts with the basics.
- Be sure to eat plenty of fresh vegetables, whole grains, and fruit.
- Every meal should contain a lean protein source. Protein is crucial for building, maintaining and repairing muscle tissue. Examples: chicken, turkey, fish, whey protein, lean red meat, and egg whites
- Avoid foods that are fried, sauteed with oil and butter, or smothered in high fat and high sodium sauces.
- Excess sodium, simple sugars, saturated fats coupled with inadequate amounts of protein will confuse the body’s chemistry, lead to fatigue, poor performance, and fat storage. They will destroy your energy level and lean muscle growth and make you fat and disgusted.
- When preparing food you may steam, grill, bake, microwave or boil foods.
- Avoid dressings, seasonings, and products that are high in sodium, fat, or refined sugars